Seeking a Creative Assistant, and a Fond Farewell Soon we’ll say goodbye to our friend, our very first hire, and the assistant that saved my sanity through the past year, Suandria Hall. She’s landed a full-time job in her chosen field, which is awesome: She'll be working in clinical research as an analyst, helping to make sure rural hospital and clinic patients can receive the latest in medical care. We can’t argue with that.
In fact, we’re very happy for her but can’t help but be sad to see her go.
She has always been personal, and allowed me to be, too. I had no idea what it meant to be someone’s “boss,” (be it part-time) and Sunnie nudged me in the right direction with grace and kindness.
We’re going to miss her.
This also means, we’re looking for her replacement. Here’s Sunnie’s list of must-have qualities to work for our small but mighty team:
Multimedia Creative Assistant/Proposal Coordinator
10 -15 hrs a week
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of research tools to inform proposal development
- Skilled at written and verbal communication skills
- Budget formulation, tracking and reporting
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Frequent client contact via email, phone and some face-to-face meetings.
- Create and maintain electronic files (for clients and contractors)
- Maintain FreshBooks activity for weekly project time tracking, client estimates and invoicing.
- Document creation, editing and management (proposal and estimate templates, letterhead etc.)--
- Maintain contact lists
Proposal/Project Coordination Responsibilities
- Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content for proposals, presentations, project descriptions, estimates, and related materials.
- Participate creatively and strategically in writing proposals and project estimates.
- Frequent proposal and estimate delivery, client invoicing, and in-house status reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1 – 2 years or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Financial management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well independently and in teams
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn quickly in a challenging work environment
- Demonstrated positive attitude and professionalism
Special note: Applicants with grant-writing experience and 501c3 development preferred.
On a personal note:
Sunnie, I can’t thank you enough for showing up and sticking with us the past year. Your help has been enormous and truly life-changing for me personally, and for Chance Multimedia. Your replacement has big shoes to fill. Best of luck to you… please keep in touch!